To generate revenue from your online business, you will need to consider a variety of marketing and advertising methods. For instance, banner advertising remains a top choice for getting more traffic and increasing revenue but the rates have gone down over the past 15 years. Even so, we are now seeing changes with banner advertising that have once again made this an excellent means of website promotion to consider.
A great way to spread the word about your online business is by using the best banner advertising networks. The key however, is to make sure any ads used for web promotion are relevant to what you have to offer. In fact, the more relevant you can make the banner ads to the product or service being sold the more money earning potential you have.
With new technology in relation to banner advertising, you will find a number of reputable networks that actually provide not only the ads but also the clients. With this, all you have to do is copy and paste the required code, placing it in the space on your website where you want the ad to appear. With minutes, you will have something new to offer your customers.
Of course, as with any type of web promotion tool or resource, you want to do your research first. The challenge is that there are some networks that will promise the moon but fail to deliver. Remember, the goal of using banner ads on your website is to increase traffic, promote your website, and ultimately get more dedicated customers.
Although you have a huge selection of banner ads and networks, here are a few things you need to consider when shopping around.
* Targeted Traffic Networks need to have banner ads that connect with what you sell or they are useless.
* CPA, CPC, and CPM Each of these payment options for banner ads has pros and cons. Therefore, learn about the variations, finding the one that will benefit you most. In most cases, CPA would be the highest paying option.
* Control Unfortunately, some web promotion with banner ads is simply annoying. People will visit a website only to be greeted with bright, flashing, blinking, and animated ads. Instead, choose a network that gives you some control over which banner ads you use.
* Default Ads Web promotion using banner ads has many dynamics. For instance, there are many instances in which once a specific number of ads have appeared on a website to certain users, default ads start popping up. In this case, you want to have some control over default ads as well.
* Pricing As mentioned, the payout for banner ads has gone down but there are some that pay more and some less. Again, do your research so you can determine which ad will pay the most.
* Referrals Finally, using banner ads with affiliates as a means of web promotion is often paid as a percentage of referrals. For this reason, you want to find options that pay a minimum of 5%.
Author: Chris Robertson
Courtesy of www.majon.comShare