I use Google to search for things a lot of my day. Google does a really good job finding relevent results but sometimes I am looking for something so specific I really need to dig
Some of these you may know about.. but if you don’t they will help you save a LOT of time.
– OR word or “|” character – For instance searching for “Jeremy Schoemaker” | “Jeremy Shoemaker”
– Plus sign (+) forces a word search. If the word doesn’t exist it does not show. For instance +Jeremy
– Minus sign (-) forces not to show the keyword like Jeremy -pearl jam
– Tilde (~) character THIS IS MY FAVORITE. It uses synonyms. So like lets say your looking for a SEO Primer page or paper. Searching for “SEO Primer” (with out quotes). does not deliver very good results.. but SEO ~primer (without quotes) now gives results for SEO tips, SEO basics, SEO review, SEO introduction, SEO Guide etc etc. Its really badass.
– Asterisk (*) character MY SECOND Favorite when you are searching for an exact match of something but synonym isnt getting it done you can use asterisks. For instance if your searching for something in SEO like “really cool seo *” (use quotes on that one).
Author: Jeremy Schoemaker
Courtesy of www.shoemoney.comShare